
Here is my attempt at the wonderful smith island cake. It is a 10 layer cake that takes forever to make but is so incredibly wonderful that I tried to make it. Now I realize that it is not a pretty looking cake. But it was my first attempt.

This was the results. After I frosted it, (which by the way, the frosting took over an hour to make) I went to watch the movie that my family had started, and when we came up the stairs this is what we found. I was so upset!! I had put lots of time and effort into this cake! After chatting with my friend and expert on the cake, I found out I used the wrong size pan, and too much batter in the pan. It did taste really great. Hopefully I can correct this problem next time and it won't fall over.....


4 comments:
Looks yummy! I think you need to share your recipe and the tricks you learn to perfect it next time.
Ack! An hour to make the frosting?!?!?! That is dedication! I hope attempt #2 goes perfectly.
As long as it tastes good...who cares how it looks? Grab a fork and dig in!
I have not even heard of this cake that you attempted but it looks impressive. And I am sure it was still delicious...
Post a Comment